As Program Manager at BBBS-NELA, Deri manages match relationships and agency program information for Ouachita, Morehouse, Richland and Franklin Parishes. She is highly energetic and has a heart as big as her smile. Deri holds a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work. She has been with The Wellspring/BBBS since 2005 and has had three precious Little Sisters. Deri loves spending time with her family and is an active member of Swartz First Baptist Church, where she has also been an AWANA leader for three years.
More about Deri…
1) Name something we would find in your purse.
You will always find trident gum in my purse, usually more than one pack.
2) If you could have one thing on a deserted island, what would it be?
If I could have one thing on a deserted island it would be Les Stroud, Survivorman. I wouldn’t last five minutes without him.
3) Name something we would find in your refrigerator.
Something you will always find in my fridge is Oscar Meyer cheese weenies. My youngest son eats at least one every day.
4) What is the last thing you cooked?
The last thing I cooked was frozen pizza I think. I added extra cheese and black olives. Does that count as cooking?
5) If you were a superhero, who would you be?
If I were a superhero, I’d be Super Sniffer because I have an extremely sensitive nose.
6) What is your favorite thing about working at BBBS?
My favorite thing about working at BBBS is working with the kids; you never know what they are going to say.